Treaty Investor Countries:
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Yugoslavia.
E1/E2 - Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Visas Traders and investors, their families, and qualified employees may be eligible for entry under the E category. Requirements include:
- must be a national of a country that has a particular commercial treaty with the United States (partial list above);
- "substantial" investment in a company in the U.S., or regular trading with the U.S. (although there is no set number, for E2 investor category, what is recommended is a $75,000-$100,000 minimum investment);
- must have principal investor or "key employee" status in this company
- Business must have at least 3 to 4 us citizen (W-2) employees.
- Can not be a home based business.
- Must show a reasonable manager salary $35,000 to $50,000 and profit equal to managers salary on the tax returns for the last 2 years.
- for E2 investor, must not depend on income from the investment as sole source of income unless such income is far beyond what is necessary to support principal E2 holder and his/her dependents;
- visas in the E category can be extended indefinitely, as long as the trading or investment activity in the U.S. continues;
- E visas do NOT lead to permanent residence (the green card) for principal investors and traders;
- E2 investor classification was not designed for retirees, for philanthropists as such, or for the employees of nonprofit organizations.
*This is only meant as a rough outline and Transworld Business Advisors makes no claims as to the accuracy of this information. Immigration matters can be quite complex and we reccommend anyone pursing this option contact a Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Sally Null - Tampa Bay Business Broker
I’m a proud member of Business Brokers of Florida and a licensed Florida Real Estate Agent. These relationships guarantee my Tampa Bay buyer’s immediate access to hundreds of the newest Tampa Bay business listings on the market each day while also providing my Tampa Bay business seller’s exposure to a huge network of buyers from across the state, country, and globe.
I am a committed and passionate Tampa Bay Business Broker who prides myself on putting my customer’s priorities above all else. My determination and attention to detail allows my customers to receive first class service with utmost integrity.
Please call or email me today to discuss how I can best serve your Tampa Bay Business Purchase or Sale needs!
TRANSWORLD BUSINESS ADVISORS
400 Carillon Parkway, #110
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Cell - 813.786.5946